Sunday, June 19, 2011

The question from my only daughter that reminds me of myself.

We just spent four nights and days at the campgrounds in Stone Mountain, GA to attend Atlanta Fest. It was a great time spent with our youngest two children, watching them as they enjoyed music that entertains, but most of all leads one to worship our true and living God! The question that she asked us on the way home today was "What was your highlight of Atlanta Fest?" That is JUST LIKE a question that I would ask THEM after such a trip. It is true the they start sounding like us, isn't it? There's nothing quite like spending three and a half straight days listening to nothing but praise and worship music to make you so thankful to live in a free country! And it really made me think long and hard about my relationship with God and what He wants me to be doing! I don't ever measure up to His standard! Of course, my first answer to Rebekah's question was how much I loved watching them enjoy themselves. Actually, that wasn't what she wanted to hear, so I had to think about trying to narrow down the highlights. Some of those were, of course......listening to Andrew Peterson, Mercy Me, Reilly, David Crowder Band, Tenth Avenue North and personally meeting KJ from KJ52. Then being challenged and convicted by Brent Crowe, Ergun Caner and Bob Lenz. I really enjoyed meeting and talking to a couple of the Sign Language interpreters and Scott Laslo who is a missionary with Pearl Ministries of Birmingham, AL. But, now that I have had time to think even more about it, I would change my answer yet again. I think the biggest highlight would be having so much time to sit and think about how I can worship my God and Savior in a way that would be pleasing to Him! My prayer is that I would be the kind of daughter to Him that would remind Him of Himself.

1 comment:

  1. Very well-written. I would have to give this an A. Content is good, too:).

    ReplyDelete